Tandem Leaning: Tandem Stretching & Strengthening
- Read the introduction.
- Clasp fingers with your tandem partner (similar to picture one only you can have both hands on top or bottom).
- Lean away from them as they anchor you.
- As you continue to lean away, begin to freestyle.
- In this example, the freestyle turns into a lateral bend followed by a chest stretch, and finishes off with a lateral bend for the other side.
- Continue to lean away from them as you stretch and strengthen your body in whichever way you desire.
- You can eventually stop leaning away to end the exercise or you can untwist as shown in this example (fun!).
Anchor Lean: Isometric, Concentric, and Eccentric Contractions
||Your arms are isometrically contracting as you lean away from your partner.
||You can incorporate strengthening if you pull yourself closer to your anchor to shorten and contract your muscles.
||Your arms are resistance stretching as you move throughout the freestyle. You can incorporate additional resistance stretching by asking your partner to extend your arms at appropriate times throughout the freestyle.